Lead generation is the engine that keeps the wheels turning in your business. There are several ways to generate leads on your website. Like most business owners, you need leads to grow and nurture long-term relationships with your customers. Before I continue, let’s look at lead generation means. According to HubSpot, lead generation is defined as “is the process of attracting and converting strangers and prospects into someone who has indicated interest in your company’s product or service”.
Therefore, a lead is someone who has shown some type of interest in your business (email signup, clicks on a link to your website, etc.). The key is how the lead gets in contact with your business so they can become customers. If you are struggling with capturing leads 24-7 on your website, read on.
A professionally designed business website will make visitors stay longer on your website and take a look around. When you tie in an effective lead generation strategy in your web design, you can expect more phone calls and potential customers ready to talk to you. I must remind you that it takes time, relationships, and a commitment to do the work to attract quality leads from your website.
I’m going to give you 10 ways your website can be your 24-hour salesperson, minus coffee breaks or sick days:
- Write an ebook or lead magnet – Package your knowledge in a book. Build a killer sales funnel to draw in leads from your home page and your About page
- Start a blog – Blogging is the best way to drive traffic to your website and boost your Google ranking. Add keywords and a strong title and you’re good to go
- Add a signup form to your website – Make it easy for visitors to stay connected. Place a signup form on your Home page, and on a pop-up to build your email list
- Add a FAQ page – Take the guesswork out of why customers should choose you by answering the top FAQs about your business, process, and why you’re the best choice for them
- Share your URL across social media – Place your URL in your social media descriptions and on your social media images to send traffic back to your website. The more you share, the more traffic to your lead generating website.
- Start pinning – Pinterest is a secret weapon to attract quality leads. You can create pins for your blog posts, lead magnets, ebooks, etc. Each pin sends leads back to your website where they learn more about you and what you offer. Automate your pins with Tailwind so you can get more work done without sitting on the computer all day.
- Optimize your website – A fully optimized website will load faster, drive quality traffic your way, and keep customers on your website longer.
- Welcome video on your homepage – Video builds trust faster than text alone plus its the perfect way to break up content and increase the user experience on your website
- Patient/ client testimonials (text and video) – Sprinkle testimonials on your home page, about page, and services pages to show why your leads should choose you over your competition
- Delegate! – Are you feeling overwhelmed by now? Take a deep breath and let the experts do the work. Partner with a digital marketing agency to build (or maintain) your website around your marketing goals, drive traffic to your website, and make it your #1 salesperson.
This list will get you on your way to maximizing lead generation and sales. Keep in mind that whatever tip(s) you choose, this is a long-term game. Nothing will happen overnight, but consistent action will produce amazing results.
We specialize in web design and development. We help you reclaim your time so you can do more of what you love to do, at work and at home.